These cartridges help protect against certain airborne contaminants. Misuse may result
in sickness or death. For proper use, see supervisor, or User Instructions, or call 3M in
U.S.A., 1-800-243-4630. In Canada, call Technical Service at 1-800-267-4414.
Use cartridge before expiration date.
Before use, the wearer must read and understand these User Instructions, and 3M™ 6000 Series Facepieces
and 3M™ 7000 Series Facepieces with bayonet style cartridge/filter attachments User Instructions enclosed
with these products. These cartridges are NIOSH approved only for use with 3M 6000 Series Facepieces and
3M 7000 Series Facepieces with bayonet style cartridge/filter attachments. Keep these User Instructions for
Respiratory protection from certain airborne contaminants according to NIOSH approvals, OSHA limitations,
in Canada CSA standard Z94.4 requirements, other applicable regulations and 3M instructions. For additional
information on 3M use recommendations please consult the 3M Respirator Selection Guide found on the 3M
OH&ESD web site at www.3M.com/occsafety or call 1-800-243-4630 in U.S.A. In Canada call 1-800-67-
Do Not Use For
Concentrations of contaminants which are immediately dangerous to life and health, are unknown
or when concentration exceeds 10 times the permissible exposure limit (PEL) with half facepiece respirators
and full facepiece respirators when qualitatively fit tested, or 50 times the PEL with full facepiece respirators
when quantitatively fit tested or according to specific OSHA standards or applicable government regulations,
whichever is lower..
1. Failure to follow all instructions and limitations on the use of this cartridge and/or failure to wear the
respirator during all times of exposure can reduce respirator effectiveness and may result in sickness or
2. Before occupational use of these cartridges, a written respiratory protection program must be
implemented meeting all the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 such as training and fit testing,
medical evaluation, and applicable OSHA substance specific standards. In Canada, CSA standard
Z94.4requirements must be met and/or requirements of the applicable jurisdiction, as appropriate.
3. The airborne contaminants which can be dangerous to your health include those so small that you cannot
4. Leave the contaminated area immediately and contact supervisor if you smell or taste contaminants or if
dizziness, irritation, or other distress occurs.
5. Store the cartridges and respirator away from contaminated areas when not in use.
6. Dispose of used product in accordance with applicable regulations.