MC14560BCP Freescale Semiconductor, Inc, MC14560BCP Datasheet - Page 8
Manufacturer Part Number
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc
The concepts of binary code representations for decimal
numbers, addition, and complement subtraction were dis-
cussed in detail. Using the basic Adder and Complementer
MSI blocks, adder/subtracters for both signed and unsigned
numbers were illustrated with examples.
Figure 7. Adder/Subtracter for Unsigned NBCD Numbers
1. Chu, Y.: Digital Computer Design Fundamentals , New
York, McGraw–Hill, 1962.
2. McMOS Handbook , Motorola Inc., 1st Edition.
3. Beuscher, H.: Electronic Switching Theory and Circuits ,
New York, Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1971.
4. Garrett, L.: CMOS May Help Majority Logic Win De-
signer’s Vote, Electronics , July 19, 1973.
5. Richards, R.: Digital Design , New York, Wiley–
OVERFLOW = “1”
Typical Add/Subtract Time = 0.6 + 0.4 n s
where n = Number of Decades
UNDERFLOW = “1”
MOTOROLA CMOS LOGIC DATA