ATMEGA48A-PU Atmel, ATMEGA48A-PU Datasheet - Page 306
Manufacturer Part Number
IC MCU AVR 4K FLASH 28PDIP
Specifications of ATMEGA48A-PU
I²C, SPI, UART/USART
Brown-out Detect/Reset, POR, PWM, WDT
Number Of I /o
Program Memory Size
4KB (2K x 16)
Program Memory Type
256 x 8
512 x 8
Voltage - Supply (vcc/vdd)
1.8 V ~ 5.5 V
-40°C ~ 85°C
Package / Case
28-DIP (0.300", 7.62mm)
No. Of I/o's
Eeprom Memory Size
Ram Memory Size
Lead Free Status / RoHS Status
Lead free / RoHS Compliant
While the lower bits in the address are mapped to words within the page, the higher bits address
the pages within the FLASH. This is illustrated in
eight bits are required to address words in the page (pagesize < 256), the most significant bit(s)
in the address low byte are used to address the page when performing a Page Write.
G. Load Address High byte
1. Set XA1, XA0 to “00”. This enables address loading.
2. Set BS1 to “1”. This selects high address.
3. Set DATA = Address high byte (0x00 - 0xFF).
4. Give XTAL1 a positive pulse. This loads the address high byte.
H. Program Page
1. Give WR a negative pulse. This starts programming of the entire page of data. RDY/BSY
2. Wait until RDY/BSY goes high (See
I. Repeat B through H until the entire Flash is programmed or until all data has been
J. End Page Programming
1. 1. Set XA1, XA0 to “10”. This enables command loading.
2. Set DATA to “0000 0000”. This is the command for No Operation.
3. Give XTAL1 a positive pulse. This loads the command, and the internal write signals are
Figure 27-2. Addressing the Flash Which is Organized in Pages
1. PCPAGE and PCWORD are listed in
WITHIN THE FLASH
Table 27-11 on page
WITHIN A PAGE
Figure 27-2 on page
for signal waveforms).
306. Note that if less than