SAM4S16C Atmel Corporation, SAM4S16C Datasheet - Page 535
Manufacturer Part Number
Specifications of SAM4S16C
# Of Touch Channels
Hardware Qtouch Acquisition
Max I/o Pins
Quadrature Decoder Channels
Sd / Emmc
Adc Resolution (bits)
Adc Speed (ksps)
Resistive Touch Screen
Dac Resolution (bits)
Self Program Memory
External Bus Interface
Temp. Range (deg C)
-40 to 85
I/o Supply Class
Operating Voltage (vcc)
1.62 to 3.6
Mpu / Mmu
Yes / No
Output Compare Channels
Input Capture Channels
Calibrated Rc Oscillator
28. Parallel Input/Output Controller (PIO)
The Parallel Input/Output Controller (PIO) manages up to 32 fully programmable input/output
lines. Each I/O line may be dedicated as a general-purpose I/O or be assigned to a function of
an embedded peripheral. This assures effective optimization of the pins of a product.
Each I/O line is associated with a bit number in all of the 32-bit registers of the 32-bit wide User
Each I/O line of the PIO Controller features:
The PIO Controller also features a synchronous output providing up to 32 bits of data output in a
single write operation.
An 8-bit parallel capture mode is also available which can be used to interface a CMOS digital
image sensor, an ADC, a DSP synchronous port in synchronous mode, etc...
• An input change interrupt enabling level change detection on any I/O line.
• Additional Interrupt modes enabling rising edge, falling edge, low level or high level detection
• A glitch filter providing rejection of glitches lower than one-half of PIO clock cycle.
• A debouncing filter providing rejection of unwanted pulses from key or push button
• Multi-drive capability similar to an open drain I/O line.
• Control of the pull-up and pull-down of the I/O line.
• Input visibility and output control.
• Up to 32 Programmable I/O Lines
• Fully Programmable through Set/Clear Registers
• Multiplexing of Four Peripheral Functions per I/O Line
• For each I/O Line (Whether Assigned to a Peripheral or Used as General Purpose I/O)
• Synchronous Output, Provides Set and Clear of Several I/O lines in a Single Write
• Write Protect Registers
• Programmable Schmitt Trigger Inputs
• Parallel Capture Mode
on any I/O line.
– Input Change Interrupt
– Programmable Glitch Filter
– Programmable Debouncing Filter
– Multi-drive Option Enables Driving in Open Drain
– Programmable Pull Up on Each I/O Line
– Pin Data Status Register, Supplies Visibility of the Level on the Pin at Any Time
– Additional Interrupt Modes on a Programmable Event: Rising Edge, Falling Edge,
– Lock of the Configuration by the Connected Peripheral
Low Level or High Level