M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
Voltage Variable Absorptive Attenuator
40 dB, 0.5-3.0 GHz
• Single Positive Voltage Control: 0 to +5 Volts
• 40 dB Attenuation Range at 900 MHz
• ± 2 dB Linearity from BSL
• Low DC Power Consumption
• Tape and Reel Packaging Available
• Lead-Free SOIC-8 Package
• 100% Matte Tin Plating over Copper
• Halogen-Free “Green” Mold Compound
• 260°C Reflow Compatible
• RoHS* Compliant Version of AT-108
M/A-COM's MAAVSS0007 is a GaAs MESFET
MMIC voltage variable absorptive attenuator in a
lead-free SOIC-8 surface mount plastic package.
The MAAVSS0007 is ideally suited for use where
linear attenuation, fine tuning and very low power
consumption are required.
Typical applications include radio, cellular, GPS
equipment and automatic gain/level control circuits.
The MAAVSS0007 is fabricated with a monolithic
GaAs MMIC using a mature 1-micron process. The
process features full chip passivation for increased
performance and reliability.
* Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Union Directive 2002/95/EC.
Note: Reference Application Note M513 for reel size
1000 piece reel
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
5. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may cause
6. M/A-COM does not recommend sustained operation near
3. External DC blocking capacitors are requirements on all RF
4. 39 pF used for data measurements.
permanent damage to this device.
these survivability limits.
Supply Voltage V
Control Voltage V
= 0 VDC to +5 VDC @ 50 µA maximum.
= +5 VDC @ 50 µA maximum.
-1 V < V
-1 V < V
-65°C to +150°C
-40°C to +85°C
< +8 V