Z8F041APH020SG2156 ZiLOG, Z8F041APH020SG2156 Datasheet - Page 91
Manufacturer Part Number
8-bit Microcontrollers - MCU 4K FLASH 1K RAM 128B NVDS
Specifications of Z8F041APH020SG2156
Data Bus Width
Maximum Clock Frequency
Program Memory Size
Data Ram Size
Operating Supply Voltage
2.7 V to 3.6 V
Operating Temperature Range
- 40 C to + 105 C
Package / Case
A/d Bit Size
A/d Channels Available
Maximum Operating Temperature
+ 105 C
Minimum Operating Temperature
- 40 C
Number Of Programmable I/os
Number Of Timers
Program Memory Type
Supply Voltage - Max
Supply Voltage - Min
enabled, the Timer Output pin changes state (from Low to High or from High to Low) at
Observe the following steps for configuring a timer for COUNTER Mode and initiating
1. Write to the Timer Control Register to:
2. Write to the Timer High and Low Byte registers to set the starting count value. This
3. Write to the Timer Reload High and Low Byte registers to set the reload value.
4. If appropriate, enable the timer interrupt and set the timer interrupt priority by writing
5. Configure the associated GPIO port pin for the Timer Input alternate function.
6. If using the Timer Output function, configure the associated GPIO port pin for the
7. Write to the Timer Control Register to enable the timer.
In COUNTER Mode, the number of Timer Input transitions since the timer start is com-
puted via the following equation:
COMPARATOR COUNTER Mode
In COMPARATOR COUNTER Mode, the timer counts input transitions from the analog
comparator output. The TPOL bit in the Timer Control Register selects whether the count
occurs on the rising edge or the falling edge of the comparator output signal. In COMPAR-
ATOR COUNTER Mode, the prescaler is disabled.
COUNTER Mode Timer Input Transitions
only affects the first pass in COUNTER Mode. After the first timer Reload in COUN-
TER Mode, counting always begins at the reset value of
the Timer High and Low Byte registers must be written with the value
to the relevant interrupt registers.
Timer Output alternate function.
Disable the timer.
Configure the timer for COUNTER Mode.
Select either the rising edge or falling edge of the Timer Input signal for the count.
This selection also sets the initial logic level (High or Low) for the Timer Output
alternate function. However, the Timer Output function is not required to be
P R E L I M I N A R Y
Current Count Value
Z8 Encore! XP
. In COUNTER Mode