For Signal Line
MMZ Series MMZ2012 Type
• Chip bead(impeder), MMZ series offers 4 construction materials.
• Size standardized for use by automatic assembly equipment.
• Either flow or reflow soldering methods can be used due to
• High reliability due to an entirely monolithic structure.
• Closed magnetic circuit structure allows high-density installation
• Low DC resistance structure of electrode prevents wasteful
• The products contain no lead and also support lead-free
• It is a product conforming to RoHS directive.
Removal of signal line noises of cellular phones, PCs, note PCs,
TVs, TV tuners, STBs, audio players, DVDs, DSCs, DVCs, game
machines, digital photo frames, car navigation system, PNDs, etc.
(1) Series name
(2) Dimensions L× W
(3) Material code
(4) Nominal impedance
(5) Characteristic type
(6) Packaging style
HANDLING AND PRECAUTIONS
• Before soldering, be sure to preheat components. The preheat-
• After mounting components onto the printed circuit board, do not
• Do not expose the inductors to stray magnetic fields.
• Avoid static electricity discharge during handling.
• When hand soldering, apply the soldering iron to the printed cir-
• Conformity to RoHS Directive: This means that, in conformity with EU Directive 2002/95/EC, lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, and specific
• Please contact our Sales office when your application are considered the following:
• All specifications are subject to change without notice.
MMZ 2012 R 121
The device’s failure or malfunction may directly endanger human life (e.g. application for automobile/aircraft/medical/nuclear power devices, etc.)
bromine-based flame retardants, PBB and PBDE, have not been used, except for exempted applications.
No preferred orientation.
electroplating of the terminal electrodes.
while preventing crosstalk between circuits.
electric power consumption.
ing temperature should be set so that the temperature difference
between the solder temperature and product temperature does
not exceed 150°C.
apply stress through board bending or mishandling.
cuit board only. Temperature of the iron tip should not exceed
350°C. Soldering time should not exceed 3 seconds.
121:120Ω at 100MHz
(3) (4) (5) (6)
R material: For wide frequency applications calling for broad
S material: Standard type that features impedance characteristics
Y material: High frequency range type intended for the 100MHz
D material: For applications calling for low insertion loss at low fre-
TYPICAL MATERIAL CHARACTERISTICS
For digital signal line applications calling requiring
good waveform integrity. Impedance values selected
for effectiveness at 10 to 200MHz.
similar to those of a typical ferrite core.
For signal line applications in which the blocking region
is near 100MHz. Impedance values selected for effec-
tiveness at 40 to 300MHz.
region and above.
For signal line applications in which the signal fre-
quency is far from the cutoff frequency. Impedance val-
ues selected for effectiveness at 80 to 400MHz.
quencies and sharply increasing impedance at high
frequencies. Designed for high impedance at high fre-
quencies (200 to 500MHz) for signal line applications.
007-02 / 20090921 / e9412_mmz2012.fm
Conformity to RoHS Directive