VIPER100A(022Y) STMicroelectronics, VIPER100A(022Y) Datasheet - Page 19
Manufacturer Part Number
IC SWIT PWM SMPS CM PENTAWATT5
Specifications of VIPER100A(022Y)
90 ~ 200kHz
Voltage - Input
8 ~ 15 V
Voltage - Output
25°C ~ 125°C
Package / Case
Pentawatt-5 HV (Bent and Staggered Leads)
Number Of Outputs
90 KHz to 110 KHz
Operating Supply Voltage
0 V to 15 V
Lead Free Status / RoHS Status
Contains lead / RoHS non-compliant
VIPer100/SP - VIPer100A/ASP
Figure 26. Recommended Layout
Some simple rules insure a correct running of switching power supplies. They may be classified into two
- Minimizing power loops: The switched power current must be carefully analysed and the corresponding
paths must be as small an inner loop area as possible. This avoids radiated EMC noises, conducted EMC
noises by magnetic coupling, and provides a better efficiency by eliminating parasitic inductances,
especially on secondary side.
- Using different tracks for low level and power signals: Interference due to mixing of signal and power
may result in instabilities and/or anomalous behaviour of the device in case of violent power surge (Input
overvoltages, output short circuits...).
In case of VIPer, these rules apply as shown on (see Figure 26).
• Loops C1-T1-U1, C5-D2-T1, and C7-D1-T1 must be minimized.
• C6 must be as close as possible to T1.
• Signal components C2, ISO1, C3, and C4 are using a dedicated track connected directly to the power
source of the device.
filtering and load