Power Protection and Conditioning
STF Series – Active Tracking
Low voltage/high frequency noise is caused by everyday
events such as turning on machinery, motors, or equipment.
Although noise is less dramatic than high voltage transients,
the long term effects of these frequent disturbances can
be as damaging. Filtering systems such as SolaHD Active
Filters provide clean AC power by eliminating
lower voltage noise.
The SolaHD STF Series offers the original active tracking
technology to guard against commonly occurring but very
damaging, lower energy transients. Offering excellent noise
reduction, the filter continuously tracks the input AC power
line and responds instantly upon detecting extraneous high
The STF Series eliminates low voltage/high frequency noise
via a low-pass or L-C filter. These filters are used for low
energy, high frequency noise reduction and consist of a
series of inductors, capacitors and resistors. STFs are load
dependent which means that the series inductors located on
each phase and neutral conductors are sized to handle the
maximum current draw on the line. These inductors together
with the capacitors and resistors form a circuit capable of
absorbing a large bandwidth of noise.
These devices are designed to meet UL 1283, and CSA
C22.2 for Electromagnetic Interference Filters. STFs
attenuate or reduce the amplitude of noise to a minimum
of 40dB that occurs in a frequency range of 50 KHz to
50 MHz. They also provide the industry’s best IEEE Category
“A” protection, typically reducing normal mode transients
to +/- 5 volts.
Built to meet your unique requirements, these filters are
available in a multitude of voltage and phase configurations.
They are hardwired and designed for years of trouble free
operation requiring little or no operator intervention after
Filters are one part of a total power
quality solution. They can be used alone or in conjunction
with other SolaHD products to solve more complex power
• Branch and Control Panels
• Factory Automation Installations
• Point of Use Industrial Service Equipment
• Dedicated Industrial and Machine Tools Equipment
• Telecommunications Equipment
Contact Technical Services at (800) 377-4384 with any questions.
• Non degrading, series filter technology for
• High Frequency Noise filter, RLC Low-Pass filter
• Single Phase applications up to 30 Amp
• Three Phase applications up to 200 Amp
• Attenuates noise to 40 dB in frequency range
of 50 kHz to 50 MHz
• Operating Temperature from -40°C to +45°C.
• Hardwired connection
• MTBF greater than 100,000 Hours, Mil Std. 217F
• UL 1283 Listed or
Recognized (Single Phase models), CSA
• 10 Year Limited Warranty
• Single and Three Phase Power Conditioners
• Uninterruptible Power System
• Transient Voltage Surge Suppressors
• Power Supplies
Visit our website at www.solaheviduty.com.