1. Potting, sealing or adhesive compounds can produce chemical reactions in the SIOV ceramic
that will degrade the component’s electrical characteristics.
2. Overloading SIOVs may result in ruptured packages and expulsion of hot materials. For this rea-
son SIOVs should be physically shielded from adjacent components.
1. Use SIOVs only within the specified temperature operating range.
2. Use SIOVs only within the specified voltage and current ranges.
3. Environmental conditions must not harm SIOVs. Use SIOVs only in normal atmospheric condi-
tions. Avoid use in the presence of deoxidizing gases (chlorine gas, hydrogen sulfide gas,
ammonia gas, sulfuric acid gas, etc), corrosive agents, humid or salty conditions. Avoid contact
with any liquids and solvents.
Please read Cautions and warnings and
Important notes at the end of this document.