Control Module / Communication Module
The DMC50 is a module type multi-loop controller for the
precise control of analog process variables such as tempera-
ture, flow rate, PH and liquid levels.
• Each product in the line up is provided with a control
module to control analog process variables and with a
communication module for digital communications.
• The control module features multiple advanced PID con-
troller functions and supplementary operational functions
that provide optimal accuracy, high stability and excellent
response. It has the ability to allow the user to freely or-
ganize process logics and is effective for high level de-
signing of equipment.
· The communication module not only fulfills RS-485
communication but also supports Ethernet and facili-
tates the freedom to handle all systemization needs.
• The control module is equipped with multiple analog in-
puts/outputs and multiple digital inputs/outputs as well as
communications capabilities all in a single module so that
it can operate as a stand-alone unit and can be, therefore,
installed separately in the field.
• The DMC50 furthermore comes equipped with ISaGRAF*
to allow an optional control method for the user's various
• A development environment has been incorporated to al-
low the user to freely design custom control processes.
· Operation types: More than 100 types such as four rules,
statistics, logic, time and control.
· Computing capacity: More than 8-loop calculations are
possible in terms of PID computing capability.
· Language: Optimum Language selection is possible for
responding to an application in writing complicated pro-
· Highly efficient program development is possible due to
the application of the structured programming concept.
· Its development took into consideration easy utilization
which lead to the design of a process controller having
the functions of parameter setting, trend monitoring, etc.
• The controller has a computing speed that is compatible
for the control of pressure, flow rate, and fast temperature
· The controller computes a 50ms update cycle for the in-
puts and outputs, and is capable of executing applica-
tions very quickly.
• Reinforcements for stability and overshoot control algo-
rithms have been incorporated to the design.
· Controllability that cannot be accomplished by conven-
tional methods becomes possible with the utilization of
the “RationaLOOP” high accuracy control algorithm,
Module Type Controller
which has become required by system upgrading de-
mands for direct heating systems.
High reliability: Designed to be able to be used for 5 years
(45,000 hours) continuous use at an ambient temperature of 50°C
and a load of 80%.
Maintenance: The base unit, main body, and terminal unit sepa-
rate therefore greatly facilitating inspection and maintenance.
Less wiring required: Capable of supplying electrical power to
each individual module via the connected base units and can ex-
change data between the modules, thus resulting in savings in wir-
ing work and in also the wire required.
• High resolution. processing
· Thermocouple input: 1/100°C of a specific range.
· RTD input: 1/5000°C (Special model)
· 4 to 20 mA input: 1/32000 resolution
• Many analog process variables can be processed.
· Analog input: 4 universal inputs (Max. 8 inputs with voltage
or thermocouple. 2 heater voltage compensation inputs are
· Analog output: 4 points
• Digital input and output signals are provided to be used for re-
lay sequence inputs/outputs such as interlock signals and opera-
· Digital input: 12 photo-coupler inputs
· Digital output: 16 transistor outputs
Each control module connected to a communication module
can be communicated with a CPL (Controller Peripheral Link:
Upper level communications protocol of Yamatake) client
host and/or a loader via Ethernet (10BASE-T) and/or RS-485.
*ISaGRAF is a registered trademark of AlterSys.