Figure 9-2 PROTECTED INTERFACE USING INTERNAL RECEIVE
toward the network)
1. All resistor values are ±1%.
2. C1 = C2 = 0.1µF.
3. S is a 6V transient suppresser.
4. D1 to D8 are Schottky diodes.
5. The fuses are optional to prevent AC power line crosses from compromising the transformers.
6. Rp resistors exist to keep the Fuses from opening during a surge. If they are used, then the 60W
receive termination resistance must be adjusted to match the line impedance.
7. The Rt resistors are used to increase the transmitter return loss (Table 9-1). No return loss is required
for T1 applications.
8. The transmit transformer turns ratio (N) would be 1:2 for 3.3V operation.
9. The 68mF is used to keep the local power plane potential within tolerance during a surge.
50 of 73
(this clock can also
be 1.544MHz for T1