AT32UC3A0128-ALUT Atmel, AT32UC3A0128-ALUT Datasheet - Page 415
Manufacturer Part Number
IC MCU AVR32 128KB FLASH 144LQFP
Specifications of AT32UC3A0128-ALUT
EBI/EMI, Ethernet, I²C, SPI, SSC, UART/USART, USB OTG
Brown-out Detect/Reset, POR, PWM, WDT
Number Of I /o
Program Memory Size
128KB (128K x 8)
Program Memory Type
32K x 8
Voltage - Supply (vcc/vdd)
1.65 V ~ 1.95 V
-40°C ~ 85°C
Package / Case
Data Bus Width
Data Ram Size
2-Wire, RS-485, SPI, USART
Maximum Clock Frequency
Number Of Programmable I/os
Number Of Timers
Maximum Operating Temperature
+ 85 C
3rd Party Development Tools
EWAVR32, EWAVR32-BL, KSK-EVK1100-PL
Development Tools By Supplier
ATAVRDRAGON, ATSTK500, ATSTK600, ATAVRISP2, ATAVRONEKIT, ATEXTWIFI, ATEVK1100, ATEVK1105
Minimum Operating Temperature
- 40 C
No. Of I/o's
Ram Memory Size
No. Of Timers
For Use With
ATEVK1105 - KIT EVAL FOR AT32UC3A0ATAVRONEKIT - KIT AVR/AVR32 DEBUGGER/PROGRMMR770-1008 - ISP 4PORT ATMEL AVR32 MCU SPIATEVK1100 - KIT DEV/EVAL FOR AVR32 AT32UC3A
Lead Free Status / RoHS Status
Lead free / RoHS Compliant
Lead Free Status / Rohs Status
Lead free / RoHS Compliant
SDRAM Device Initialization
The initialization sequence is generated by software. The SDRAM devices are initialized by the
1. SDRAM features must be set in the configuration register: asynchronous timings (TRC,
2. For mobile SDRAM, temperature-compensated self refresh (TCSR), drive strength (DS)
3. The SDRAM memory type must be set in the Memory Device Register.
4. An No Operation (NOP)command must be issued to the SDRAM devices to start the
5. A minimum pause of 200 µs is provided to precede any signal toggle.
6. An All Banks Precharge command must be issued to the SDRAM devices. The applica-
7. Eight auto-refresh (CBR) cycles are provided. The application must set the Mode to 4 in
8. A Mode Register set (MRS) cycle must be issued to program the parameters of the
9. For mobile SDRAM initialization, an Extended Mode Register set (EMRS) cycle must be
10. The application must go into Normal Mode, setting Mode to 0 in the Mode Register and
11. Write the refresh rate into the count field in the SDRAMC Refresh Timer register.
After initialization, the SDRAM devices are fully functional.
TRAS, ...), number of column, rows, CAS latency, and the data bus width.
and partial array self refresh (PASR) must be set in the Low Power Register.
SDRAM clock. The application must set Mode to 1 in the and perform a write access to
any SDRAM address.
tion must set Mode to 2 in the Mode Register and perform a write access to any SDRAM
the Mode Register and performs a write access to any SDRAM location eight times.
SDRAM devices, in particular CAS latency and burst length. The application must set
Mode to 3 in the Mode Register and perform a write access to the SDRAM. The write
address must be chosen so that BA[1:0] are set to 0. For example, with a 16-bit 128 MB
SDRAM (12 rows, 9 columns, 4 banks) bank address, the SDRAM write access should
be done at the address 0x20000000.
issued to program the SDRAM parameters (TCSR, PASR, DS). The application must set
Mode to 5 in the Mode Register and perform a write access to the SDRAM. The write
address must be chosen so that BA or BA are set to 1. For example, with a 16-bit
128 MB SDRAM, (12 rows, 9 columns, 4 banks) bank address the SDRAM write access
should be done at the address 0x20800000 or 0x20400000.
performing a write access at any location in the SDRAM.
(Refresh rate = delay between refresh cycles). The SDRAM device requires a refresh
every 15.625 us or 7.81 us. With a 100 MHz frequency, the Refresh Timer Counter Reg-
ister must be set with the value 1562 (15.625 µs x 100 MHz) or 781 (7.81 µs x 100 MHz).